Saturday, April 12, 2014

bathroom under construction

my bathroom



As my pinterest board can attest, we are currently renovating our master bathroom. When I say "we," I mean "we" hired it out. 

90% of the tile is in: 12 x 24 gray tile on the floor, 2 inch noir hexagons on the shower floor and 3 x 6 white subway tile (and dark grout) in the newly-built shower. The mirror decision has yet to be made, along with new lighting, baseboards and the install of the glass shower door and half wall. Things are starting to look good, but the shower is completely non-functioning until door and plumbing are installed. So for the last two weeks, we have been sharing the kids' shower. I am so done with that.

This "little" project has turned into something big, as most reno projects do. What started as Mark's Christmas gift to me (professional closet organization) has shifted to the bathroom for the moment. We decided we couldn't have a spectacular closet, right next to a "blah" bathroom. So we changed our focus. After the bathroom, we will start on the closet (on a much smaller scale than originally planned, since most of our budget belongs to the bathroom now), and then some minor tweaks to the master bedroom. The whole thing is STRESS-FUL; not nearly as fun as I anticipated. 

I am pretty pleased with what we've done with the budget we have set. I am in LOVE with the Noir Hexazon tile, and would have used it for the entire bathroom floor, but it is pricey, so we used it in a very limited space. I also love the gray floor tile even more than I thought I would - looks like concrete with so much variation - no two tiles look the same.

Pictures to come.

p.s. This is my very first polyvore board, ever. I am learning.

Sources: wood mirror, gold mirror, Noir Hex tile, gray tile

9f236fb6ce69374a1afaf06633c02bd75408412a973f03bc92

4 comments:

jamiebarazoto said...

Fun! Can't wait to see! In fact, can't wait to see your whole house.

abby said...

I will add an Amen to the "renos are stressful" comment. Your board looks so good though! I can't wait to see it! I'm interested in what bath mats you use too. Is that random?

amyegodfrey said...

It's going to be beautiful!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I am such a fan of hoop mirrors! I hope you will post the final!